This site has general information about the Friends activities in relationship to the Yarmouth art gallery.
Its purpose of the site is to:
1 ) Provide information about the Friends of the AGNS Western Branch Society
2) To assist the AGNS in promotion on programs, activities and exhibits
3) To maintain a public record of past activities and community involvement.
The Friends of the AGNS Western Branch Society provide services and programs related to the arts in support of the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia. These programs and services at the AGNS Western Branch are for people of all ages living in the Tri-Counties (Yarmouth, Shelburne, Digby) in Southwestern Nova Scotia. These services and programs are related to the advancement of education and other purposes beneficial to the community as a whole.
• Advance Education by providing assistance for classes, workshops, seminars, and tours on topics related to visual arts to children, youth, and community members;
• Advance education by providing publicly available scholarships, bursaries, and other forms of financial assistance to enable students to study the arts at a post secondary institution in Canada;
• Receive and maintain funds and apply all or part of the principal and income therefrom, from time to time, to qualified donees.
We welcome assistance in meeting our goals and seek Board members who are dedicated to the appreciation of the role if the arts in our community.